We cannot forget to pray!

Today is July 4th. Many people are getting dressed in their red, white, and blue. Their kids dressed up the same. They are either buying, or pulling out the sparklers. They are lighting the grill. Maybe they are trying to find the best location for watching the fireworks. All of this is wonderful. we are celebrating America! We are celebrating the one day where everyone is patriotic, the day of our country's independence. I am doing the same. But as we get ready for the days events and as we go on into the night of celebration, we cannot forget to pray. God is and has been part of this country, we must not leave him out on this day. So as we pray and thank God for our freedom and for the men who served in our country's past conflicts, we also must pray for the men currently serving and representing our country. As we are here in America safe and celebrating, they are in danger and missing their familys. They need our prayers. As I pray for our country i think of the song God bless the USA..."and I'm proud to be an American where at least i know I'm FREE. and i won't forget the MEN who died and gave the right to me..."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home