What brought me to tears

On my missions trip, what brought me to tears and what brought be to my knees before God was the passion the people had for Him. Every day of the week these people go to church and every night they cry out for God. They spoke a different language, but it was like I knew what they wanted from God...They wanted more of Him. These people in El Salvador...In the mountains higher than the clouds were so hungry for God and every night they would long for more of Him, and every night they would cry and cry in our arms. We would bring them close to pray for them and they wouldn't let go. They just kept holding on, crying, and praying. Their passion for Christ was stronger than anything I have ever seen, and yet these people were in more remote places than I have ever seen. How come we lose the passion so easily when we have people keeping us accountable and encouraged. Why do we get so dry in Christ when we have the word of God fed to us every week. And yet the people who we would expect to be lost and needing Christ are more open and hungry for the word of God than anyone. This picture is one of a girl I met at a school. We did a program at her school and she responded to the alter call afterward...Right in front of her friends. I don't even remember her name, but I remember that she cried and cried and wouldn't let go as we hugged. She couldn't understand what I was praying, nor could I understand her but the love of God was flowing through both of us. I believe we BOTH walked away changed, yet neither of us knowing the other. All I can say is GOD IS AMAZING and that the passion and love that was flowing out of the people of El Salvador is what brought me to tears!


2 Comments:
hi... sorry, this dosent really have to do with your post ((which was amazing)) but i just got my blog an i need to know how you put a picture of yourself up, name an location, and how you have links to other ppl on the bottom of yours... you can just e-mail it to me! love you!!!!! (((oh yeah, this is hannah by the way!)))
we're ready for a new blog! quit slackin'. Hows Adrian? JP & LL(Lori).
Post a Comment
<< Home