brown eyed girl

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My great uncle ROY!




This is a tribute to my great but crazy uncle Roy!

My great uncle is the funnest person on the planet. He is crazy and goofy but extremely predictable. He only has 5 activities...
1. Eating/sleeping
2. Jigsaw puzzles
3. Shooting/hunting
4. Going to garage sales
5. Picking on me...His great niece :)

He is hilarious but we all love him! Anyone who knows him at all will tell you the same things!

Him and my great aunt Nonie live with my grandma during the summer. They are migraters. :) So when I visit my grandma every summer they are there. He picks on me and I try to pick on him but since he is way bigger, stronger, and older than I am...I don't stand a chance. But of course I don't tell him that!

But though he teases me and picks on me like none other...I love him more than anything! I never had the privilege of knowing my grandpas. So I have never had a grandpa figure in my life. I have had many grandmother type figures but never a grandfather figure...Besides Roy. To me Roy is the grandfather I never had. He is more than crazy Roy, he is a gift from God. I know that God provides a father to those without fathers and mothers to those without mothers. But I believe that he also provides grandfathers to the grandfatherless. I love you uncle Roy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ericka said...

Bethany,
You really are an amazing person. You do however need to work on your blog. I have been waiting for a really long time to get a new topic. If you can't think of anything you could always write about me. Not really don't but you should have a lot to talk about because you have done so much in the last 3 weeks. Good luck to you and the team tomorrow on your drama. I will be praying for you. I love you.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home