brown eyed girl

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

help...its just me and the parents!


This summer has been a busy one! I was out of town for about half the summer to various places and babysitting during the rest. This upcoming weekend is the last trip of the summer. We are headed up to Minneapolis to move Jonathan in at North Central University. Last fall we sent him off to ORU in Tulsa, Ok. It was hard but I got used to being an only child. Although our dinners and nights were quiet and rather dull! But then he came home for all of second semester and summer... I was saved! There was a lot more life around the house. So now it is going to be weird not having him around and I am going to have to re-adjust. Now I love my parents a TON and they are the greatest in the world, but there is something weird about being an only child after you have grown up with siblings. I am rather scared and not prepared to have it be just me and the parents again! And with my dad's new job, much of the time it will be just me and mom! But I LOVE my parents and we will have fun! Plus they are getting better at not going to bed so early. And I think my goal while I have this alone time with mom is to get her up to date on recent technology. She's good but we will have to brush up on a few things like email and digital cameras. Love you mom and dad!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Palmer said...

great pic. ya life is a highway and i guess when it is just you three it is like hitting road construction...SLOW

12:53 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Palmer said...

that is hillarious...i just love how you said "help" and the picture is ridiculously funny.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Gram Clay said...

Bethany I wanted be the first to comment but that brother of yours is just toooooo quick and toooo good. What a great blog...I feel honored to have a grand daughter like you. I know you and your mom will have a great time together. Actually being the bottom rung on the ladder is not so bad. There are some definite advantages. I know you are going to have a great year. And now you can with blogging you can keep me updated. I love knowing what you are doing.
Love you whole bunchies!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you will have your hands full teaching your mom the tech stuff...

good luck!

3:41 AM  
Blogger TN Bakers said...

ha!! That is great Bethany. I can feel your pain (kind of). I was an only child for 6 years!! However, that's when I went to bed BEFORE mom and dad, and they didn't take daily naps, etc. which can lead to a little bit of boredom at home. However, your new task with mom will definitely liven things up...I miss you guys, can't wait to see you in a week!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger TN Bakers said...

Jonathan was right - that picture is absolutely HILARIOUS!! I didn't take a good look at it until after I left my first comment...wow!!!! It's a classic John and Debbie Palmer trying to sight-see or figure something out photo. ("phou-tou" as dad would say).

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home