O CANADA!
This past week has been a FABULOUS week! I got to spend time with my beloved GRAMMY as well as see my sixth foreign country: Canada. My mom and I drove to Adrian, spent a couple of nights there with the all famous Roy and Nonie and then, with Gram, we drove on to Cobourg, Ontario to meet my dad. He was the night speaker for Lakeshore Pentecostal Camp which is part of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada. It was a fun few days of services as well as site seeing! Here are a few of the highlights of the trip:
-
-Experiencing and learning some of the differences between the two countries. For instance, the spelling and pronunciation of some words and the packaging/marketing of some products. They sell their milk in plastic bags!!
-
-
-
There were also some quite "interesting" parts of the trip for instance:
-
-
-Sitting through a full fledged southern gospel concert, "Jesus be a fence all around me everyday. Jesus protect me as I travel on my way. I know you can, I know you will fight my battles if I stay still. Lord be a fence all around me everyday!" Boy I wish you could hear me singing this right now! (smile)-


4 Comments:
It was great having you and your mother and father and Nan at Lakeshore. I still laugh at how I spotted her in the pew. So glad you enjoyed yourself. Hope you come again soon. Bring your Dad too. He was doing a fabulous job of keeping the grounds clean. What a guy.
Hey Sis,
I just want you to know that it’s absolutely KILLING me that I can’t be there to see you sing in Fine Arts – but I will be there next year and the year after. Gram is going to call me when you start singing so I can hear it. I know I will be crying on the other end of the line because I’m so proud of you.
I’ll be praying that you guys do AWESOME and that you aren’t nervous or anything. I know that you sing as unto the Lord, and He will honor that.
Good luck!! I love you!
HEY!
Congratulations to your DAD!!! I've been watching the Assemblies of God website like a hawk for the last week waiting to see what news would emerge, and I think what finally happened might have been a little more than what he bargained for!
PLEASE ask him to drop me a note. I'd like to stay in touch. eric.vice (at) gmail.com. Yes, I was the crazy organist from Lakeshore camp. :)
o bethany i don't know what to think when you gram and mom get together...especially in canada. call me when you look at the house and/or meet the teachers.
Post a Comment
<< Home