brown eyed girl

Friday, November 10, 2006

That's Iowa for ya!


Yesterday, November 9, was a beautiful day! It was weather too warm for a coat and not too cold for flip flops. I believe the temperature even reached 80 degrees. But, the weather erupted today! With no school for me, both my mom and I were inside for the morning and then headed out for lunch around 11:30. When we opened the garage, to our surprise, we saw rain. But as we looked even closer, and realized it was sleet...we were shocked! How could it possibly be like this when yesterday was so warm. The fierce weather continued for a while and then the sleet stopped...as we looked out the window of the restaurant we saw HUGE snowflakes falling out of the sky. By the time we left the restaurant our car was covered with snow and by the time we got home the snow had stopped. Looking out of the window right now it is a winter wonderland. All I can say is: that's Iowa for ya! The weather here can drop 50 degrees and go from unusually warm fall weather to snow, all in 24 hours!

6 Comments:

Blogger Gram Clay said...

Bethany...beautiful pictures. Wow I know what we have to look forward to tomorrow. Beautiful to look at but nice to be in warm and cozy drinking hot chocolate.

How do you get your pictures so nice in those squares? Also I need to know how to get my picture on my comments.

BETHANY HELP HELP GRAM NEED YOU.
Your blogs are super...
Love
Gram

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a fabulous writer. Your dad has definitely mentor you well.Keep up the writing and you be a famous author some day! Great pics, too. You'll probably illustrate your own books! You seem to have all the talent in this family...what's left of it...mom, dad and BJ!

8:40 PM  
Blogger TN Bakers said...

Bethany those are awesome pics and I SO wish I was there with you guys to enjoy the snow and the day off school! Hey, I have a bone to pick with mom's comment here....what you mean Bethany has all the talent in the family?! Doesn't she remember her oldest daughter? Apparently once her kids move away from home they don't count!!! :) Just kidding. Mom needs to read my blogs, too, this is unfair favoritism.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Palmer said...

cant wait for turkey day. i wanna come home so bad.

1:21 PM  
Blogger TN Bakers said...

i need some new material, sis! Come on!

love ya,
amy

5:33 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

i totally am!
except it doesn't even feel like it
boo.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home