brown eyed girl

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Stuck in the 80's


This week is spirit week at school for homecoming. Each day this week was a different theme and everyone dresses up accordingly. Monday was superhero day, Tuesday was twin day, Wednesday was disney character day, Thursday (today) was generation day, and Friday spirit day! The other days were fun, but today was the best! Generation day is when you pick a time period or decade and dress like they would. I chose, along with many other people, to dress late 80's early 90's. It was really fun. My "costume" featured the famous side-pony and scrunchie, the dark make-up, the HUGE sweatshirt below the bottom, the belt over the sweatshirt, the stirrup pants or way too short leggings, the tall white socks, and the white tennis shoes look. It was great! Hey, maybe someday the 80's will come back in full and this picture of me won't look as incredibly crazy as it does right now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gram Clay said...

I love that look. You should dress like that more often. But of course you are one of those that look good no matter what you wear.
I am so glad you keep me posted. Thank you my sweet Bethany. It's so much fun to stay in touch this way. How come your pictures always look so good? You need to teach Gram how to get mine on that nice.
It snowed here on and off all day. In fact there was white out for a few minutes.
I love you whole bunchies eighties and nineties gal!!!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Palmer said...

hey dork nice pic. the braces would have topped that off but u got those taken care of finally. you look like amy used to. she actually wore those cloths but in the 90's...weird amy.

3:32 AM  
Blogger TN Bakers said...

that is GREAT Bethany! And Jonathan is right, although I hate to admit it - I used to look like that in 8th grade, which would have been early 90's Jonathan's blog was ruthless, did you read it?!

I hope homecoming was fun! Send me some pics of you dressed up, or blog it. love you!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Palmer said...

you need to get a new profile picture since you dont have braces anymore.

4:22 PM  
Blogger TN Bakers said...

hey sis, time for a new blog I think!

Jonathan is saying I need a new profile picture but I forget how to do that - doesn't he have to put it online somewhere so it has an html address or something? help! (my technological coach!)

8:02 AM  
Blogger TN Bakers said...

new blog, new blog, new blog

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home