Thanksgiving Riddle

I once again have to apoligize for the lack of blogging. When the school year comes around my "bloggable" experiences diminish along with my alotted blogging time. As of right now i have no good story, spiritual illustration or experience worth blogging about...so...I have a riddle for you to keep you busy until I get going on the blogging. If you think you know the answer, just let me know through a comment. We could have a family competition to see which one of you is really the smartest and deserves to be in grandma's will (smile). I will reveal the answer soon...HAVE FUN! (Hint: it shouldn't be too hard because I got the correct answer! You might want to scratch it out on a piece of paper though.)
Susan has invited her family to Thanksgiving Dinner. As her plates are not the best, Susan wants to buy new plates – one for each person at her Thanksgiving Dinner.
There’ll be a grandfather, a grandmother, two fathers, two mothers, four children, three grandchildren, one brother, two sisters, two sons, two daughters, one father-in-law, one mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law.
At least how many plates does Susan need to buy?


6 Comments:
I may be wrong on this one but I think she will have a total of 4 people including herself for Thanksgiving.
Good job Bethany you are definitely in the will.
Gram
7 the right answer is 7. That is what Eliza and I came up with.
Good joy Jonathan and Eliza! I came up with 7 too. So, that must be the right answer.
this hurts my brain. maybe jeremy can figure it out. The problem I see is that we don't know which are repeats. And if susan has all these relatives, kids, etc., where is the husband? No husband is mentioned! (ha ha)
Sorry amy, you this might not be on your level (smile) maybe jeremy can help you out! it is not that hard of a riddle if you make a family tree. that is your hint. :) love you!
no time for making family trees about people we don't know. ha ha. what's the answer little miss smarty pants with all the talent in the family?!
Post a Comment
<< Home